Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Interview (a draft)Saturday, April 29, 2006

I had an interview
last week
at an art gallery

I think it went well

She asked me
if I know Cubism,
Impressionism,
Surrealism-
and whether I can
intelligently converse
about them

And how about Da Vinci…
Titian…Botticelli…
The Old Masters...
what do I know of these?
Can I talk about the Renaissance
like I had been there?

Do I know the difference
Between Chiaroscuro
And Sfumato?

My body propped on hard chair
as a product on display
My answers were scrutinized,
measured,
held to light
for authenticity
She smiled, and continued
The friendly interrogation

My answers were composed,
gilt-framed
and served
to her in careful swashes
and brilliant blending
of knowledge, wit and recounts
of my experience.
I hope
she was impressed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home