Thursday, October 05, 2006

I am tired of poetry

Friday, September 29, 2006


Wasted minutes of my life
Spent pressing sweat-sticky fingers
To fevered temples
Prodding ideas better left for dead
Turning these over
Hoping to breathe new life into this desperate attempt at resurrection
Then thinking-

How to make these untrained words
Dance into well-formed patterns,
Step into well-timed rhythms
And work them up to a breathless final ending.
I insist on a crescendo of new meaning!

Why all this suffering?
What I used to appreciate as art
is now just jumbles of words
lost in it's meandering

1 Comments:

Blogger iamnasra said...

Its not about filling the comment corner...its about what poetry brings to me..total pleasure to read your poetry even though if you feel tired from writing your poetic thoughts

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home